Saturday, February 6, 2016

Wisdom After Chaos: The Most Important Things I Learned from my 2015 Life

2015 had been a very significant year in my lifetime. Maybe because it’s the year I entered the quarter life and had been through the quarter life crisis, I must admit. This post may seem very personal but I still want to put this on the record as the past year has taught me almost everything I need to know in love, family, business and happiness.

Family (Really) Matters

Yeah, you read it right. We all know how important family is in our life. But sometimes, we tend to disregard their value. Surely not because we do not want them around but because we think we can manage. Or maybe, we think we can do everything all alone.
Their opinions can really be a pain in the ass but we must acknowledge the fact that those are valid opinions. Yes, the best advice and opinions in the world would come from your father, mother, aunts, and uncle and even from your cousins.

You think you know everything but trust me, you don’t.

It’s Okay to Get Confused

There will always be a point in your life when you will think if you are on the right path. A point in life when you will think about what you really want to do and what will make you happy. The answers may not come in as easy as ABC but it’s okay. Go on with your life and persistently wait for the time when you will realize the things you want, you need and the things that you must let go.

Realizations will come in bits and pieces, so do not worry. It’s okay to get confused at times.

Take Risks

So when you get confused, you will stumble to thoughts you never thought you could think about. There will be pros and cons. There will be ‘what ifs’. It’s fine. Take the risk. If you fail, if you lose, at least you won’t have to think ‘what if I made a different choice.’

The risks can be so frightening but after surviving all of it, you will only come out stronger.

Do not regret your decisions, learn from them

While I was torn between choices, a good friend of mine told me to make a smart decision. After everything that happened, a smart decision is out of the question. I do not know what a smart decision is anymore and I have been honest with the circumstances.

My friend told me to think of what’s best for me, make a decision, stick with it and DO NOT REGRET. He got a strong and valid point, right?

So there, to sum it up, I got a very rough and tough 2015 that made me so ready for whatever is coming this 2016.

Have a great 2016 everyone! 

Artwork from Pinto Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment